Thursday, June 17, 2010

running a half marathon...

I have had some inspiration the past few days - most without even knowing it was happenning until it HIT me!

To all of you that didnt even know you were inspiring someone - thank you!

I have decided to quit being scared of failure. Quit being scared of not being the person I KNOW I can be, the person I know I am!

I deserve better love and understanding from myself.

SO I have decided this summer I will get to goal weight - 140lbs. Thats only 28lbs... I found a new blog today of someone amazing who did 100lbs in 8.5 months. I can do 28 in 3-4 months. I also want to feel like that runner again.

I am going to run a half marathon!

I dont have all of the logistics yet but will by the end of the weekend and will share with everyone my plan but this is what Im thinking so far.

1. About 4 weeks to get back in 5K form - I have been running about 2 miles consistantly 1-2 times a week so it shouldnt be that hard.
2. 12 week training plan for the half.
3. Will register this weekend for either a 5k or 10k in July, Aug and September as well as find and register for the 1/2 in October this weekend.
4. All dates will go on the big family calander this weekend.

Im excited - scared but EXCITED!

1 comment: