Sunday, February 12, 2012

I am a running MOM

Yes sometimes I come first. When I was training for my marathon before baby girl - I came first ALOT.  I would kiss everyone good bye then head out for a 2-3 hour run. That was followed normally by a big meal, long bath and a nap - leaving hubby and G on their own for 5-6 hours 2-3 days a week.

Sometimes Im not so lucky and I dont come anywhere near first... I just make sure I dont come in last :)

Today was one of those days. I tried to wake up early and run. I have NO clue why its so freaking hard but I cant do it. I keep trying and it just doesnt happen. I lay my clothes out, go to bed early, set my alarm and NOTHING... I go back to bed. So headed to work. Was lucky since we werent busy I headed home after 10 hours instead of 12. Got home and went into mom mode. Made dinner, fed baby, gave both kids a bath, read and helped G with site words. Then after I made sure my kids got the first round of me... it was time for some me time. I had NO desire to work out but I went anyways.

AND I ROCKED IT! I ran 4 miles. I didnt stop once. It felt freaking great!!!! I didnt run fast but it wasnt about fast tonight, it was about endurance. It was just what I needed!

Tomorrow is weigh in - it will be a gain, no doubt about it. I almost decided to skip going but thats what got me into this mess. So I will be there, face the scale and move on.

1 comment:

  1. SO SO SO MAKES ME SMILE TO SEE YOU SAY YOU ROCKED IT!!!

    ReplyDelete