Friday, December 3, 2010

friday part 2...

Yes this is my second post today - within 2 hours of each other.

But something just struck me and I wanted to get it down on words.

"Dont expect different results if you keep doing the same old thing" me

Back story - Next spring I want to get pregnant with our second child. Its months away and I have convinced myself that I will be at goal weight... without really doing the work... by March since I will be training for the marathon.

With lots of talking, Hubby and I decided that I am going to get my IUD out now. My periods are HORRIBLE and long and frequent and my sex drive is nonexistant... hubby swears that started with the placement of the IUD. He has been trying to get me to take it out for years now. Well with talking about it today I finally have agreed.

Part of me wants to get pregnant soooo much but I have decided I will continue to wait until spring. I want to be as healthy as I can be before getting pregnant.

But if I keep going the way I am then I will be exactly where I am right now come 4 months from now... yes I am MUCH healthier than I used to be BUT my BMI is still 29 (overweight). I still have 15 lbs I want to lose. I want to tone up my core. I want to be in a better place health wise so that I can continue that through my pregnancy.

Yet here I sit always thinking it will happen but then return to my partially doing the plan, partially eating healthily and part very much not so... yet I expect different results than I am seeing.

Well DUH - how do I expect to have a different result if I keep doing the same thing over and over and over.

Well now its real - Im calling Monday to make an appt for the IUD to come out. While I will be following my ovulation pattern and what not so that I wont get pregnant - it could happen. And if I keep on the path Im on now with doing everything half assed then I wont be where I want to be.

So I need to change my practices to see those different results...

3 comments:

  1. That is weird that your IUD has given you so many problems. I've had virtually no problems with mine, and absolutely love it!

    Good luck Christina! You can lose the weight before baby #2 comes along. 4 months for 15 pounds is totally doable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different result is a definition of insanity. I think it was Einstein that said it. Anyway, good luck to you and I hope it will all workout great for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting - baby #2! :) Good luck with everything - keep focusing on healthy, whole foods and exercise and you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete