Wednesday, March 2, 2011

after tomorrow I taper!

Im so excited - after tomorrows long run it is taper time! I run my first marathon in 16 freaking days! I am so excited... surprisingly not nervous, very excited! Last October I ran my first (and only) half marathon. When it was taper time I freaked out. I kept thinking I hadnt ran enough, not far enough, not long enough, that I wouldnt be ready. Well this time around I know I did the training, I put the time in, I am ready... and I will ENJOY taper time!

Tomorrows run will not be fun though - time wise a long run doesnt fit into my schedule tomorrow. Its cold and windy and I really dont feel like hills. I only have 4 free hours tomorrow morning and yes it takes me 4 hours to run 20 miles. So my plan - drop G off at preschool and hit the gym. Run 15 miles (3 hours) and my full body weight training workout then tomorrow evening after G goes to bed I will get another 5 miles in on the treadmill at home. Not the same thing as a full long run but it will do what it needs to do training wise. THEN TAPER :) yaaaa!!!

Todays eating - great until my coffee break in the afternoon where I got a scone then sort of down hill from there. I was 20 points over today. Am I stressed? NOPE. I wrote down every single bite. I took ownership. Subtracted it from my extra weekly points and have I mentioned that Im running 20 miles tomorrow :) It will all workout.

I feel in control again. I feel like Im putting myself first again... much needed!

1 comment: