Monday, April 11, 2011

Bad day with a good ending!

Today did NOT start off good. I woke up at 630 this morning from a deep sleep with HORRIBLE mid epigastric pain that eventually moved to my left lower side and eased off a bit. It was so bad at first that I thought immediatly a ruptured ectopic ... the pain got better so I waited to get G to school then called the midwife. They wanted me to go to the ER but the pain was alot better, no bleeding, no fever and I work at the hospital so I really didnt want to go to the ED when they could do an ultrasound today as an outpatient. So they sent me for my HCG level - not sure what the result was (Im going to look at work tomorrow) - but then they called me afterwards to head in for an ultrasound.

I had to go to the ultrasound alone which freaked me out - got a friend to watch G and headed in. Luckily the second she put the thing on my stomach we could see the yolk sac in my uterus - not in a tube. Yaaa! Im only 5 weeks so there was really no baby yet to see but everything looked ok. I did have a nice sized cyst on my ovary that probually is the cause of the pain.

So that took pretty much my entire day. Otherwise I have taken it easy and Im practically ready for bed. Just read a chapter in the tree house series to G after playing carnival on wii with him. Getting him to bed and relaxing - I will be in bed before 9.

I know I needed to take things easy today - but I am so bummed to again miss another workout. I feel fat enough as it is - and the pimples on my face...ewwww!

1 comment:

  1. I had the same thing! At 5.5 weeks. A burst cyst. By the time I got to the ER the pain was subsiding and then an hour later, I was better. Still had to have an ultrasound. We could see the sac but not the heartbeat. Had to wait 10 more days for another ultrasound. My little girl will be 7 next week and is full of energy! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete