Monday, January 23, 2012

Im here

Ive been MIA for a whole 36 hours or so - and I miss posting :) Its been alittle on the busy side. My husband went back to work yesterday after 7 weeks of paternity leave. Most moms have to deal with this way sooner so I should be happy - but it was alittle exhausting being on my own. It also doesnt help that of course this is a 4 day weekend off of school for little man and Ms. Bre has decided that 2am is her designated wake up time.

What is MOST exhausting is trying to get the three of us out the door to get to the gym in time for a specific class. It never fails that the baby will need to eat RIGHT before we go. The last two days we went to a friends house to play after the gym... OMG the amount that I need to pack - gym bag, baby bag, snacks for the 5 year old and I have been packing my lunch to guarantee I know my calories/points when eating at my friends house.  Its exhausting but I have done it and todays 1 hour spin class rocked!

Hubby is back to work as I mentioned. He rotates 2 weeks day shift, 2 weeks evenings. I hate when he is on evenings - dinner and night time routine is all me and he doesnt really get to see G since he is in school during the day. And of course he goes back to work at the beginning of his 2 weeks of evenings. So dinner and bath and bed for two little people is all me. Which means I need to have easy go to dinners for me - and I dont do those frozen processed "diet" food things - yuck!

There are certain things I ALWAYS keep in my fridge/freezer. I always have frozen peppers/onions in the freezer (use this ALL the time in tons of ways), goat cheese, baby spinach and ready to eat chicken breast strips. In 10 min I can make a very filling very healthy very yummy 5 point dinner. I throw some brussel sprouts (cut in half and sprayed with pam) in the toaster oven at 425 degrees. I turn those over once around 3 min and then let them stay in for another 5-7 minutes. While those are cooking I throw some of the frozen peppers in the pan and heat them threw and throw them on a paper towel. Then in the pan goes some diced mushrooms, garlic and a large handful of baby spinach. 3-4 min later I add the chicken to warm it thru and readd the peppers. Once the sprouts are done they go in a bowl, topped with mixture of chicken/veggies and then I top that with 1 oz of goat cheese. I could have gotten away with just half the cheese but oh well.  I make this ALL the time. It is so good. So easy. So fast. And I can make more or less depending if Im eating on my own or someone else is eating too. Seems like alot of work but it really isnt and so so so good.

Tomorrow is weigh in day - Im a bit worried since I had that really bad night where I pretty much ate all my extra points in one night. But I picked myself up and moved on. I have hit the gym and got my workouts in - Sunday was my only off workout day. I stayed within my points 5 of the 7 days. I drank a ton of water. And Sunday night I wanted to EAT ... badly.... but I wrote on my food journal "you want to binge. you are worth more than that. You are not hungry. Go to bed" and believe it or not... it worked! Im not expecting a big loss but a loss would be nice.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your weigh in! And that looks great. I love chicken and mushrooms and goat cheese.

    ReplyDelete