Friday, June 29, 2012

body pump and a rest day...

Today I went to my very first body pump class. I have wanted to try one FOREVER... but the ones I have seen mid day have been jam packed wall to wall with people and looks very intimidating for a first timer. My gym offers spin and body pump at 530 am allowing me to go before work some days and while I normally only go on spin days I figured what the heck, lets give it a try.

At 5am it was over 80 degrees already. It was muggy and thick and gross outside. I was so happy it wasnt a run day! Got to the gym and there was only one chick so far in the room. I told her it was my first time and what should I grab and she was super nice to go over everything with me. I got my weights and waited. The instructor was awesome. The first thing she did when she came in was ask my name and she made sure to make a special note to me in the transitions on how much weight I should put on my bar and motivated me by my name throughout the class.

I loved it!

Granted I could barely lift my arms over my head afterwards to blow dry my hair. I feel great now. We will see how tomorrow feels :)

I want to run tomorrow. But Im not going to.

Tomorrow is my rest day. I have 6 days of workouts planned before my next rest day. I need for tomorrow to be a rest day. Sunday starts marathon training :)

What does next week bring...
Sunday - cx works (core class), 3 mile easy run followed by 4 30sec strides.
Monday- 2 mile warm up, tempo 1.5 miles, 1 mile cool down
Tuesday - 3 miles easy run in the am, weights in the evening after work
Wednesday - swim before work
Thursday - cx works, long run 8 miles
Friday - spin class, weights
Saturday - Rest.

Time to get serious :)

1 comment:

  1. Bodypump is one of my all time favorite classes (besides spin!) I just found your blog, I'm doing the marathon weight loss challenge also, and your blog is amazing! Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete