Yes its the second and not the first but today is the day it feels like a New Year to me... yesterday just didnt have that feel for me.
Today I have sat down and thought about the last year - its ups and its downs.
Ups- Graduating with my masters, watching Gavin grow into this crazy amazing three year old, my family and amazing friends.
Downs - missing my family and friends so much during the school process. Allowing myself to feel like Im not a good person, not worth it, ect.
There are many many more ups. I asked Eric what he wanted for the new year and he said for a better year than last year (2009) because the year sucked. I told him I completely disagreed. Yes, we had a very busy hectic year. Yes, we didnt get to spend near as much time with each other and had NO alone or private time. Yes, we had no independant alone time either. BUT - we have each other, we have an amazing relationship/marriage, we have an amazing son, we are blessed to have good jobs - a sound house - and all the little things we need to survive. We have lost NO family members this year. All in all it was a good year, it could have been much much worse.
But we are looking forward to the new year. I am looking forward to starting a new job and growing in my role as nurse practitioner (scared shitless too but still!). I am looking forward to watching my son grow into the next year and become an amazing 4 year old. I am looking forward to time for myself - to make myself a better person, to grow as a person. I am looking forward to allowing eric to have some time to himself as well - to do things he wants... he has been such an amazing husband this past year and has done NOTHING for himself and he deserves so much!
So things Im starting at the beginning of the year.
1. an aquatic hard core aerobics class every tuesday night starting at the end of the month - I am so excited about this... thanks Racheal for suggesting it and braving it with me!
2. getting back into running - im psyched about my new Nike+ running gear!
3. Spending much more quality time with my family and friends.
Goals for 2010
1. Pass my boards and start my new job!
2. Monthly date night with my husband
3. Start monthly family game and movie night
4. Run a 5K + 10K this spring and fall