Wednesday, August 18, 2010

faith and sweat

I have had an interesting morning.

I planned last night that this morning I would go to the super early 545am spin class before work. I packed my work clothes, gym clothes, shower stuff, and my lunch for work. I went to bed at a decent time and set my alarm for 5am.

Then I woke up. I didnt want to go to the gym. I wanted to go back to bed.

BUT I decided to get moving anyways and ate an english muffin with some peanut butter (my go to preworkout meal) and I put my workout clothes on.

And I still didnt want to go. I needed to leave by 530 to be there in time for the start of class. At 520 I was still wavering back and forth on if I was going or if I was going to go back to bed for an hour.

SO then I had the bright idea that I should flip a coin. Heads I go to the gym, tails I go back to bed. I got as far as walking over to the change bowl to get a quarter. Then it hit me...

REALLY?!? Im going to put my hard work and future on the luck of a coin. Heads I work out, start my day off right, follow through on what I plan, eat well, train for my half marathon, do right by me. Tails I go back to bed, binge all day, stop running, give up. Would I really flip a coin to decide if I should give up. Would I take away the impressive hard work that I have already put into me and put my future in the hands of luck? My weight loss has NOTHING to do with luck. It has everything to do with perserverence and hard work! So needless to say I took my sleepy butt straight to the car and headed to the gym for a rocking spin sweaty spin class.

I showered and was dressed and still had 45 min before I had to be at work - normally I wouldg go hang out at Starbucks, see if Sandi was working then get to work early. BUT I realized I left my damn lunch in the fridge. I thought for about 1/2 a second to "hope" that work had good options and that I wouldnt over do things. But the hope of that went away when my memory kicked in of the last time I forgot my lunch. It means no healthy mid meal snacks so Im starved by lunch picking bad options and eating too much portion wise and needing a afternoon snack that typically involved a muffin or something. My house is 10 min left of the gym, work is 10 min right of the gym... so I hauled butt to get home, get my lunch, drive to work, stop for a quick coffee and still got to work with 1 min to spare! WOOHOO me!

NOW... to the title of this post (and thanks for reading ALL of this from there to here)... on the way from the gym to work there was a country song "Love like crazy" by Lee Price that seriously spoke to me. No the song isnt about weight loss or reaching goals but there are a few lines that made me have a major AHAAA moment expecially with the struggle I had with trying to flip a coin to decide my health.

"Just ask him how he made it,
He'll tell you faith and sweat"

I am not a religious person, just isnt who I am. BUT there are many different kinds of "faith". I need to have faith in myself most of all. I need to trust myself and alittle hard work "sweat" isnt going to hurt me... its needed to make it to where I want to be.

"Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you"

I need to be a friend first and foremost to myself. I need to give myself the same allowences and respect that I give those I care about. I need to not try to lie to myself but be truthful and I need to realize that I am worth love and worth giving love... not only to those around me but to myself aswell. And the best way I can tell my husband and child that I love them is to make me the best me I can be.


Sorry this is so long but I had some major moments this morning that I really wanted to get typed out... I have been waiting my entire 12 hours of working to get home to post this. Hope everyone had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment