Thursday, August 5, 2010

A preparing kind of day...

I have gotten so much done today! Today is my only day off before working 4 days (48hours)and then heading straight to Niagara falls. So today was a last minute day to get things done.

I had a doctors appointment today for a follow up on my antidepressant. When she listened to my heart she was alittle concerned that it sounded "alittle funny" - not what you want to hear when you worked in an open heart ICU for 6 years! So they did an EKG - Im way way too young to need an EKG! I had a PAC here and there but nothing major. The surprising thing was my heart rate. My resting heart rate 4 months ago was between 80-90... pretty high. My heart rate was 62. We are assuming its from the running and weight loss. But wow. I have to go back in a month and be rechecked just to make sure.

After the doctors I went to kohls and treated myself to some lingere, new bras and some thongs... wow Im getting brave! But way more awesome... I officially 100% fit into a size 10... bought my first pair of size 10 pants :) awesome!

On the way home I stopped at the farm stand and got tons of veggies and fruit and I just cooked up a storm! I sauted onions, green peppers and ground turkey and made taco meat for dinner tonight. I also cooked fresh green beans, green pepper, onion, garlic, zucchini and squash and mixed them with some steamed brown rice for the next four days. I also made some fresh salsa and cut up a huge very juicy cantalope! So food is ready for the 4 days that Im working like crazy. I wont have to rely on hospital food.

Still need to get my workout in today... but it will happen.

I really want to take a nap but I know that it will suck for sleeping tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment