Monday, November 22, 2010

Go hard or Go home

Go hard or go home...

I read that quote on a fellow blog... I wanted to link to her blog but now I cant remember who the blog belonged to and I cant find it...uhhhh... well if you are reading this thanks for the motivation!

So I have been a HUGE slacker lately. I went from a horrible time of the month to this crappy cold that wont go away. Today feeling even more worse then I was previously and went to patient first... yup 100% strep throat. Im on meds now... fingers crossed that in 24hours or so I feel better. Regardless I havent tracked my food, watched what I ate or worked out in 5 days. I feel very blah.

Today is monday. Monday is normally my super awesome workout day that sets the tone for the rest of the week. I aimed for spin class followed by an hour on the treadmill and full weights. For some reason I am always awesome on these monday workouts. But today I felt HORRIBLE, couldnt swallow, and was dizzy so no gym for me.

Then feeling sorry for myself and reading through my favorite blogs I found that quote - Go hard or go home. She was talking about running/training. Yes that applies to me too but it applies to other areas too. "HOME" is my comfort area, the bigger me. The self loathing unhappy unhealthy unenergetic poor role model of a person/mom/wife. I dont want to go "home"... I want a new base. So I am chosing to go hard instead. Im putting my vest foot forward and putting the hard work in.

Next week I start marathon training so I need to get a few gentle runs in. I need to track. I need to remind myself Im worth it and I dont like the old me very much... that wasnt the real me.

And to end today with another quote - this one from Gandhi.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

I want to see the world as a happier, healthier, more tolerant world. I need to start that from within. I need to smile more and pass on that happiness to others. I need to be an example of healthy living - expecially to my son. And calm, tolerant, and more go with the flow.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh - I have been sick for the last week, so I know how you feel. Mine's just been some upper respiratory crap - when I have strep throat it completely kicks my butt. :( Be kind to yourself and cut yourself a little slack while you heal! And, yes, I know I didn't take that advice myself but I had a pretty miserable Sunday because of it! :( Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete