Friday, December 23, 2011

made a plan :)

I know I have said it over and over but I do SO much better with a plan. So tonight I sat down and made a workout plan ... granted it is only a fraction of what I used to do but you have to start somewhere. Im starting next week (12/26) with redoing the couch to 5k plan. I scheduled myself to restart weights when I hit 6 weeks post partum and spin at 7 weeks if I get cleared from the doctor to restart. I miss spin so much! I also specifically scheduled long walks with my dog... yes I walk her daily but these scheduled ones are to be a bit more robust of a walk :) So hopefully the plan will be getting back to 5k ability by Feb 1st then go into 1/2 marathon training. That will give me 14 weeks to train before my first 1/2 of 2012.

Im nervous about getting back into running. I was at the point where I could run HOURS and it felt amazing. I could let my mind completely wander. I finished 10, 15, 20 miles and felt HAPPY afterwards and in a great mood. Starving but in a great mood :) Now I know that when I restart it will be back to feeling miserable at first - side pains, difficulty getting my breathing under control, knee pain, calf pain. I know exactly what it will be like and I know until I get back to where I was. The only good part is I know exactly how amazing the feeling is when you get there and the hurting portion of relearning to run is temporary. I can do this.

1 comment:

  1. it'll come back easier than you think. i mean i've never had a kid before but surely its gotta - right??

    ReplyDelete