Tuesday, May 8, 2012

anxiety

First off, a little pat on my back. I am doing FREAKING AWESOME! I have started to log onto myfitnesspal.com  daily with my food and workouts. (friend me - chrissyrn04). I have stayed within my calories. I have made smart choices. It feels good.

Yesterdays planned 6 miles outside turned into a late night attempt on the treadmill which turned into a crappy 4 miles. So today I went to the gym and knocked out the 6 miles on a treadmill. I get SOOOO bored on a treadmill that I have to mix it up. Today it was -
Mile 1 and 2 - Start running at 5.2 and increase by 0.1 every song with a full out sprint the last 0.2 of each mile.
Mile 3 - Increase speed by 0.1 every 30 seconds.
Mile 4 - Steady run at 5.4mph
Mile 5 - 2 minutes at a comfy 5.2, 1 min at a full out sprint at 8.5mph
Mile 6 - steady run at 5.4.

It helps. I would much rather be outside.

Anyways about the anxiety. In two weeks we go on our annual family vacation to the outerbanks with my husbands side of the family. I am VERY much looking forward to it. But the last few years I have eaten like a pig and drank like a fish. HUGE breakfast, lunch, big dinners, super yummy desserts with lots of extra helpings, midnight snacks and lots and lots of drinks. Its bad. Really bad.

I know I wont be able to refrain from some of that and I worry that I will binge and say fuck it and eat and eat and eat.

I am making a list of things Im going to aim for.
1. Im logging EVERYTHING I eat on here - even if its a day I give in to EVERYTHING. Every bite gets logged. 
2. Im running a half marathon the week after I get back so I will be still needing to get my runs in and plan to bring my insanity videos with me for a daily workout. 
3. Im not a huge breakfast person and really dont NEED the pancakes and what not so while I may have breakfast one day with everyone, I think the rest of the days I will make my basic breakfast that I eat at home all the time. 
4. I plan to roast a whole bunch of veggies and a speghetti squash on day one to have as half my plate for dinners - the rest of the plate I can enjoy what everyone else is having. 
5. I am in love with the 20 sec sugar free flour free mug choc cake. Im bringing all of that stuff and will have that with fruit some of the nights while everyone else is having what they are having so I dont feel left out. 
6. No soda. 


Any other suggestions thoughts concerns???

No comments:

Post a Comment