Wednesday, September 19, 2012

paleo eating while at a function...

Friday night is book club. The theme of this months meeting is black and white and desserts. Im day 4 of pretty strict paleo right now. I have minimal will power but I dont want to stay locked up at home and not enjoying life either.

Of course I want to say to myself - just go off plan for the night, enjoy yourself. Im going to hibachi before hand and will have some soy but I have dealt with that. No rice or sushi rolls for me and Im ok with having a bit of soy. But the desserts. uhhhhh

I initially was going to bring in fruit. Now Im thinking a paleo inspired dessert but that will have to involve a lot of looking up websites and trial and error. I will probually be the only one that likes it and what if its just enough "dessert" feeling to make me feel like I need the real thing too and then I binge?

Eating shouldnt be this stressful!

I agree with the primal - good 80% of the time splurge 20% which would allow for a splurge but I cant handle small splurges... it turns into 10 day ordeals!

2 comments:

  1. There is a really good paleo pumpkin pie recipe. Made with a nut crust its AMAZING! Better than regular pumpkin pie. This one sounds close:
    Everyday Paleo Pumpkin Pie
    Crust
    1/2 cup hazelnuts
    1 cup pecans
    4 tablespoons melted organic grass fed butter
    pinch of sea salt
    Preheat oven to 350. Place the nuts in a food processor and process until the nuts are a flour like or almond meal like consistency. Pour into a small mixing bowl, add the butter and salt and mix into a thick dough. Using your hands, spread evenly into a pie pan and back for 10 minutes.
    Filling
    1 – 14oz can of organic pumpkin puree (nothing added, just pumpkin)
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
    1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup raw organic honey
    1/2 cup coconut milk
    While the crust is in the oven, whisk all of the pie filling ingredients together. Pour into the curst that has been baked for 10 minutes, return to the oven and bake for and additional 45 minutes

    ReplyDelete