Tuesday, March 2, 2010

proud

It feels awesome to be proud of myself - I go through long periods of time being very not proud of myself. Not proud of my weight, not proud of my looks, not proud of my behavior sometimes... it goes on and on!
Well today I am RIDICULOUSLY proud.
I am proud of who I am becoming.
I am proud of myself for taking the time to see I deserve it.

And I am super proud of what I just did. I am going out of town thur thru sat with my mom. It will involve eating out ALOT so tomarrow needs to be a right on day. So I just packed my food for work and decided instead of sandwiches or frozen veggie patties like I normally do - I decided to stick to meals that are fresh, healthy and free of things I cant pronounce! So I just baked some plain chicken with a garlic/fresh herbs seasoning, steamed some brocoli and made some brown rice that I mixed in sauted garlic and onion - my favorite! So here is my meal plan for tomarrow...

545 am Green Monster Smoothie (3), english muffin with small amt preserves (1.5)
8am Low sugar oatmeal (2) , coffee with skim milk (1)
10am wasa crackers with 2 wedges of laughing cow cheese (2)
1230pm chicken, rice, brocoli (4.5)
330pm cottage cheese with strawberries (3)
6pm chicken, rice, brocoli (4.5)
730pm ride home - small bag of carrots (0)
total points 21.5

That leaves 5.5 - so 5 points for after I get home - I am hoping to get a run in when I get home and then will allow myself to have a bowl of cereal with fruit or something of that nature after my workout.

My version of the Green Monster - Im trying to get it more green since the last one was bright purple!
1.5 cups fresh spinach
1 cup almond breeze
1/2 banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup strawberries
Hope it turns out better! My other one was tasty but lacked in the leafy greens. I will get some flaxseed next time Im at the store to add next time.

As for my trip coming up... I am packing a cooler with
Apples
Oranges
Carrots
Roasted Garlic Hummus
A few bottles of water

No comments:

Post a Comment