Friday, December 30, 2011

I have been AWESOME today!

I know its only one day but I have totally rocked today in the health department. And you have to start with day one anyways right???
Today has been the first day in a LONG time that my food has been on check and I have stayed within my daily weight watcher points... and havent felt starved!

Breakfast was a first for me - made old fashioned oats and topped it with alittle cinnimon, 1/2 a packet of splenda, 1/2 a banana and a few spoonfuls of fresh berries. Texture and taste is completely different then the quick microwaved version, way less sugar, and I felt fulfilled for quite a while! (4 points)


Lunch was super yummy too - used my sons sandwich thins and made a mini pizza with 1 oz of goat cheese, mushrooms and fresh baby spinach. Finished it off with a large water and an orange.  (6 points)


Had the munchies mid day and made some 100 calorie popcorn and since I decided to roast some speghetti squash and made some roasted red pepper soup  - had a bowl of that too. ( 3 and 2 points)

Dinner was also yummy and and very quick and easy since little man is having a sleep over. I picked up a rotisserie chicken (ate 3 oz's - yes the scale is back out), steamed brocoli and my new favorite veggie - some roasted brussel sprouts with 1/2 oz of goat cheese on top - sooooo good!  (4 points)


That leaves 8 points for the day still... crazy.

Had a pretty successful grocery trip too - besides some poptarts for little man ... the cart ONLY had fresh veggies/fruits, some hummus and a ton of chicken to stock up the freezer.

Once my stomach has digested and we get the boys settled in their sleeping bags (so they can talk and giggle forever) - Im heading downstairs to get day 2/week 1 of the couch to 5k done and then plan to take the dog for a walk.

Yes I know not every day will be this successful. And I also know that the day isnt over - I need to not ruin things come the end of the night which is usually my bad time of the day. But what I do know is you have to start somewhere and I chose today!

And please check out this blog post   - it completely inspired me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment