Tuesday, April 3, 2012

i am awesome

Why do I have it in this silly head of mine that I will only be "perfect", right, happy, healthy when and if I do everything in life perfectly. When Im a size 8. When I eat right 100% of the time. When I lose the baby belly.

OMG that sounds HORRIBLE. I am NOT defined by my size, what I eat day to day, what the scale says or what size jeans Im wearing. I am so much more than that. Why do I let that small part of myself make the rest of me feel like a failure?

I am strong.
I am an AMAZING mom.
I care about people.
I think Im pretty darn good at my job and I LOVE it.
I have a healthy marriage.
I am a good friend.
I am a runner.

I do so many things well. I have a full life. WHY OH WHY do I let the scale dictate how I feel about myself??? Does the scale make me a good mom, nurse, friend, wife, runner?

I need to remind myself that one thing doesnt get to dictate my mood, feelings, emotions, and actions. It does NOT define who I am.

I need to be more content and in the moment NOW... life wont magically be "better" once Im a size 6 or 8. I need to life and love life NOW and enjoy life through the process of getting healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment