Monday, October 23, 2017

consistency, not perfection

      I am an ALL OR NOTHING person. I will work my butt off for a few days, maybe a week. Then something doesn't go right - I don't get a workout in, miss my water mark, go out to eat, have a bad day and have a few glasses of wine... and then Im in the NOTHING phase for weeks where I feel horrible and pitiful until Im ready to be ALL again.


I think that is the first thing that I need to take a strong look at in the goal of getting healthier, fitter, happier. Im not going to be perfect - its not attainable. What I need to work on is consistency.

The other part of all or nothing is that I try to fix EVERYTHING at once... Im still struggling with this. When I try to focus on one thing at a time to snow ball to the next one, I get into the NOTHING phase before I can add or stick to anything consistently.

What do I want to work on being consistent...

For me:

  • Drink minimally 80 oz of water a day - when I try its easy, when I dont then I drink coffee all day. 
  • Lift weights three times a week - I looked back on my weight training journal and its so sporadic.
  • Run/jog/walk two to three times a week - I miss the running me so much. 
  • Really give KETO eating a try - consistently for 3-4 months to see if it really makes me feel better. I love the science behind the diet. I get it. I understand it. BUT I do it for a day or two then not and that is not good for my body even a smidge. I need to commit to it for a few months and see if I get all the benefits I hope for. 
  • Try to look nice daily - Im a hot mess most of the time. Im in workout gear or scrubs. I let my hair air dry and its a mess, no makeup unless Im working. And then I wonder why I do not feel pretty or girlie. 
For Others:
  • volunteer regularly with my children - I want them to understand that life is about helping as much if not more than getting. They are very lucky children and others are not nearly as lucky. 
  • Date my husband - this goes with the looking nice... we are in a rut. Its a happy lovey rut but we need to get a bit uncomfortable every once in a while. 

Few pics from today 

I need to take some new NOW photos... figured I would at least post one from today to show where my body is right now. BLAH. 


A super important part of keto is electrolytes - they are required if you want to keep feeling good. My favorite way to get them in is a homemade "gatorade". Himilayian sea salt, NU-salt (potassium), stevia and lemon. Simple. Works. Taste good. Even my kids like it! This bottle holds 48 oz... my goal is two of these a day... one with mix in, one without.

My workout today - felt pretty awesome until the planks. DAMN I HATE planks. I just got over the stomach bug, this workout reminded me of that.


I wasn't going to prep anything for food for tomorrow since it was already 8pm. BUT then I reminded myself if I didnt then I would eat crap. SO quick egg casserole to the rescue - will add some avacado and salsa. YUM.





No comments:

Post a Comment